Translator's blog

From the translator’s journal ~In the hands of God~

I could not make up my mind
whether I should take the vaccine.

It was difficult
to judge the risk and benefit
for all my ailments
with lots of medication.

I was not sure
if I had sufficient information to decide.
So, I was in a sense “in the hands of God”.

The first shot was
on the Feast of St. John the Baptist.
And the second one will be
on the Feast of St. Bonaventure.

The days were given to me by chance
and not chosen by me.
So I leave my safety ”in the hands of the Saints”.

At the time of my breast cancer,
I weighed the risk and QOL in a balance.
But now that I am getting older,
I trust everything in the hands of God.
(June 29, 2021)

Teruko Yamakawa (translator)